Rivers near danger mark in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy rains lashing many parts of Uttar Pradesh, some rivers are rising menacingly, officials said Monday.
In many places, the embankment of the rivers have eroded, leading to concern over the safety of nearby villages.
The Ghaghra in eastern Uttar Pradesh is in spate. The overflowing river has submerged areas in Kushinagar and Lakhimpur Kheri districts.
The river Sharda is also flowing dangerously in Lakhimpur Kheri, an official told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened