Rivers near danger mark in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy rains lashing many parts of Uttar Pradesh, some rivers are rising menacingly, officials said Monday.
In many places, the embankment of the rivers have eroded, leading to concern over the safety of nearby villages.
The Ghaghra in eastern Uttar Pradesh is in spate. The overflowing river has submerged areas in Kushinagar and Lakhimpur Kheri districts.
The river Sharda is also flowing dangerously in Lakhimpur Kheri, an official told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot