Rivers near danger mark in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy rains lashing many parts of Uttar Pradesh, some rivers are rising menacingly, officials said Monday.
In many places, the embankment of the rivers have eroded, leading to concern over the safety of nearby villages.
The Ghaghra in eastern Uttar Pradesh is in spate. The overflowing river has submerged areas in Kushinagar and Lakhimpur Kheri districts.
The river Sharda is also flowing dangerously in Lakhimpur Kheri, an official told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"