Rivers near danger mark in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy rains lashing many parts of Uttar Pradesh, some rivers are rising menacingly, officials said Monday.
In many places, the embankment of the rivers have eroded, leading to concern over the safety of nearby villages.
The Ghaghra in eastern Uttar Pradesh is in spate. The overflowing river has submerged areas in Kushinagar and Lakhimpur Kheri districts.
The river Sharda is also flowing dangerously in Lakhimpur Kheri, an official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda