Rivers swell following rainfall in UP
Lucknow: Major rivers have started rising in Uttar Pradesh with monsoon being active during the past 24 hours, even as there is relief from the scorching heat.
According to the MeT department, major amount of rainfall recorded in cms is at: Bansi-21, Kakrahi-17, Bhinga-15, Balrampur-14, Tutipar-13, Ayodhya-12, Bahraich-11, Kanpur and Katerniaghat-10 each while Ballia and Gorakhpur saw 7 cms.
Palliakalan, Sharadanagar, Lucknow, Elginbridge, Regoli each had 6 cms rainfall, it added.
According to a report of the Central Water Commission, major rivers have started rising in the state.
While Ganga is swelling in Ankinghat (Kanpur), Mirzapur, Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, Ramganga is rising in Bareilly and Shahjahanpur, Yamuna is rising in Banda while Gomti is rising in Lucknow, Sitpur and Sultanpur, it said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia and Faizabad while Rapti is rising in Bahraich, Shravasti, Balrampur, Siddharth Nagar and Gorakhpur.
The MeT department has forecast moderate to heavy rains/ thundershowers in the next 24 hours at most places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal