Rivers swell following rainfall in UP
Lucknow: Major rivers have started rising in Uttar Pradesh with monsoon being active during the past 24 hours, even as there is relief from the scorching heat.
According to the MeT department, major amount of rainfall recorded in cms is at: Bansi-21, Kakrahi-17, Bhinga-15, Balrampur-14, Tutipar-13, Ayodhya-12, Bahraich-11, Kanpur and Katerniaghat-10 each while Ballia and Gorakhpur saw 7 cms.
Palliakalan, Sharadanagar, Lucknow, Elginbridge, Regoli each had 6 cms rainfall, it added.
According to a report of the Central Water Commission, major rivers have started rising in the state.
While Ganga is swelling in Ankinghat (Kanpur), Mirzapur, Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, Ramganga is rising in Bareilly and Shahjahanpur, Yamuna is rising in Banda while Gomti is rising in Lucknow, Sitpur and Sultanpur, it said.
The water level in Ghagra river is increasing in Ballia and Faizabad while Rapti is rising in Bahraich, Shravasti, Balrampur, Siddharth Nagar and Gorakhpur.
The MeT department has forecast moderate to heavy rains/ thundershowers in the next 24 hours at most places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened