RLD backs demand for reservation for Jats
Ghaziabad: Rashtriya Lok Dal, headed by Jat
leader Ajith Singh, Monday backed the demand for reservation
for the community in government jobs but said it did not
approve of any protest that would affect people.
"The party backs the demand for reservation but does not
favour obstruction of water supply to Delhi, which will affect
masses," party state secretary Brij Pal Singh said.
The Akhil Bharatiya Jat Sangarsh Samiti (ABJSS) had
stopped water supply from here to Delhi demanding
reservation in government jobs. However, the agitation was
suspended following talks with government officials.
"RLD is a democratic party and never indulges in any
activity related to sabotage or creating problems for masses,"
The agitation had hit water supply in South and East
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!