RLD chief urges people to get rid of SP, BSP and BJP
Agra: Rashtriya Lok Dal president and Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Thursday asked the people of Uttar Pradesh to come out of the "clutches" of SP, BSP and BJP, and elect members of a party which was dedicated to the cause of all sections, especially farmers.
Addressing a "Sankalp (pledge) Rally" at the same venue where BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi addressed a meeting a few months ago, Singh termed BJP "the Danga (riots) Party, SP the Goonda Party, and BSP the Lutera Party".
He appealed to the people to come "out of the clutches of the three", and said no welfare had been done in the state under the regimes of BSP or SP.
Singh said, "When the people got tired of `gunda gardi` (hooliganism) of SP they turned to the BSP, but seeing its `lootmar` (looting) it turned to SP again."
The people should get rid of both, if they wanted something by way of development and care for the weaker sections, the Union minister said.
He said there was no government worth the name in UP.
Referring to the Muzaffarnagar riots, he said the riots were "engineered by SP and BJP, who had conspired to take political advantage out of it". Singh said the "collusion" was borne out by the fact that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had a two-hour meeting with VHP President Ashok Singhal during the Kosi Yatra ahead of the riots.
He said it was shocking to find that those who had "led and fanned the riots in Muzaffarnagar had been honoured at the Modi rally at Agra".
Calling for the creation of Harit Pradesh comprising UP`s western districts, Singh said that it had been seen that small states developed faster and could be better administered. He asked the party workers to take a pledge for the creation of Harit Pradesh, and in the meantime vote for his party.
Earlier, Singh`s son Jayant Chaudhri urged the youth of the country to take a pledge that they would not allow "goondaism and communal riots" to prevail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’