RLD-Cong team can replace Mayawati: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh said after he was sworn in on Sunday that his party`s alliance with the Congress will provide a "clear-cut alternative" to the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
"People are fed up with the Mayawati government but there was no clear-cut alternative. Now, the alliance (between RLD and Congress) provides the people a clear-cut alternative," he told reporters.
Obviously anticipating a RLD-Congress win, he said: "The wave from Uttar Pradesh will affect the whole country." He added that the Uttar Pradesh electoral outcome will have a national impact.
Singh, 72, joined the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) on December 12 after reaching an accord with Congress for the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
The leader declined to answer questions on Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir