RLD-Cong team can replace Mayawati: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh said after he was sworn in on Sunday that his party`s alliance with the Congress will provide a "clear-cut alternative" to the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
"People are fed up with the Mayawati government but there was no clear-cut alternative. Now, the alliance (between RLD and Congress) provides the people a clear-cut alternative," he told reporters.
Obviously anticipating a RLD-Congress win, he said: "The wave from Uttar Pradesh will affect the whole country." He added that the Uttar Pradesh electoral outcome will have a national impact.
Singh, 72, joined the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) on December 12 after reaching an accord with Congress for the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
The leader declined to answer questions on Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi