RLD-Cong team can replace Mayawati: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh said after he was sworn in on Sunday that his party`s alliance with the Congress will provide a "clear-cut alternative" to the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
"People are fed up with the Mayawati government but there was no clear-cut alternative. Now, the alliance (between RLD and Congress) provides the people a clear-cut alternative," he told reporters.
Obviously anticipating a RLD-Congress win, he said: "The wave from Uttar Pradesh will affect the whole country." He added that the Uttar Pradesh electoral outcome will have a national impact.
Singh, 72, joined the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) on December 12 after reaching an accord with Congress for the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
The leader declined to answer questions on Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!