RLD-Cong team can replace Mayawati: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh said after he was sworn in on Sunday that his party`s alliance with the Congress will provide a "clear-cut alternative" to the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
"People are fed up with the Mayawati government but there was no clear-cut alternative. Now, the alliance (between RLD and Congress) provides the people a clear-cut alternative," he told reporters.
Obviously anticipating a RLD-Congress win, he said: "The wave from Uttar Pradesh will affect the whole country." He added that the Uttar Pradesh electoral outcome will have a national impact.
Singh, 72, joined the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) on December 12 after reaching an accord with Congress for the upcoming Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
The leader declined to answer questions on Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality