RLD for smaller states
Lucknow: Supporting Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati`s proposal to divide the state into four
parts, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) on Sunday said it would bring a
private member`s resolution in the Assembly in this regard.
"Though Mayawati has announced to bring a resolution
for creation of Awadh Pradesh, Paschim Pradesh, Bundelkhand
and Purvanchal in the Assembly session commencing tomorrow, it
finds no mention in the list of business.
"Our party will bring a private member`s resolution in
this regard," RLD leader in the Assembly Kokab Hamid and party
state chief Baba Hardev Singh said in a joint press conference
Asked whether they would support the BSP if it brings a
resolution for creation of four states, Hamid said the RLD was
in favour of smaller states and would support the move.
"The BSP should also support our resolution," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'