RLD for smaller states
Lucknow: Supporting Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati`s proposal to divide the state into four
parts, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) on Sunday said it would bring a
private member`s resolution in the Assembly in this regard.
"Though Mayawati has announced to bring a resolution
for creation of Awadh Pradesh, Paschim Pradesh, Bundelkhand
and Purvanchal in the Assembly session commencing tomorrow, it
finds no mention in the list of business.
"Our party will bring a private member`s resolution in
this regard," RLD leader in the Assembly Kokab Hamid and party
state chief Baba Hardev Singh said in a joint press conference
Asked whether they would support the BSP if it brings a
resolution for creation of four states, Hamid said the RLD was
in favour of smaller states and would support the move.
"The BSP should also support our resolution," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!