RLD leads in Mat Assembly bypoll
Mathura: Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate Yogesh Nauhar is leading with more than a thousand votes in the by-elections to the Mat Assembly seat in this district counting for which is underway.
RLD candidate Yogesh Nauhar has secured 19,274 votes followed by SP candidate Sanjay Lathar at 17,790 votes, while TMC candidate Shyam Sunder has bagged 16,165 votes till now.
At the end of the seventh round of counting, Nauhar stood ahead of his close SP rival Sanjay Lathar by 1,484 votes.
Mat, where 14 candidates are in fray, is witnessing a keen contest among ruling SP, RLD and Trinamool Congress nominees. Congress, which has an alliance with RLD, has not contested the bypolls. BSP and BJP too did not contest the by-election.
The by-election has been necessitated following resignation of sitting MLA and RLD national general secretary Jayant Chaudhary, who has decided to retain Mathura seat as an MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?