RLD leads in Mat Assembly bypoll
Mathura: Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate Yogesh Nauhar is leading with more than a thousand votes in the by-elections to the Mat Assembly seat in this district counting for which is underway.
RLD candidate Yogesh Nauhar has secured 19,274 votes followed by SP candidate Sanjay Lathar at 17,790 votes, while TMC candidate Shyam Sunder has bagged 16,165 votes till now.
At the end of the seventh round of counting, Nauhar stood ahead of his close SP rival Sanjay Lathar by 1,484 votes.
Mat, where 14 candidates are in fray, is witnessing a keen contest among ruling SP, RLD and Trinamool Congress nominees. Congress, which has an alliance with RLD, has not contested the bypolls. BSP and BJP too did not contest the by-election.
The by-election has been necessitated following resignation of sitting MLA and RLD national general secretary Jayant Chaudhary, who has decided to retain Mathura seat as an MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?