RLD MP booked for making abusive remarks against BSP
Ghaziabad: A Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) MP was booked here on Friday for allegedly making abusive remarks against the ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh at a public function in the district.
A case was lodged against RLD MP from Amroha-Garh Davender Nagpal for using abusive language against the BSP in violation of the People`s Representative Act at a Ramlila function in Garhmukteshwar on Wednesday night, SP (rural) M M Beg said.
The MP`s remarks had enraged BSP supporters at the function who damaged a car in his convoy, he said, adding that Nagpal had managed to escape unhurt. The case has been lodged against the MP on the basis of a complaint lodged by a district level functionary of the BSP, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what