RLD plans yatra ahead of 2012 Assembly elections
Lucknow: In a bid to woo the electorate in
rural areas ahead of Assembly elections next year, Rashtriya
Lok Dal (RLD) will launch a month long yatra from September 1,
a party official said here today.
The Chaudhary Charan Singh Gram Swaraj Yatra will cover a
large number of villages in various districts over a period of
one month, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
Dubey said that the decision in this regard was taken
yesterday at the party`s zonal committee meeting presided by
state president Baba Hardev Singh.
During the meeting, support was extended to Anna Hazare`s
campaign against corruption and it was said that there was no
logic behind his arrest, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued