RLD plans yatra ahead of 2012 Assembly elections
Lucknow: In a bid to woo the electorate in
rural areas ahead of Assembly elections next year, Rashtriya
Lok Dal (RLD) will launch a month long yatra from September 1,
a party official said here today.
The Chaudhary Charan Singh Gram Swaraj Yatra will cover a
large number of villages in various districts over a period of
one month, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
Dubey said that the decision in this regard was taken
yesterday at the party`s zonal committee meeting presided by
state president Baba Hardev Singh.
During the meeting, support was extended to Anna Hazare`s
campaign against corruption and it was said that there was no
logic behind his arrest, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi