RLD plans yatra ahead of 2012 Assembly elections
Lucknow: In a bid to woo the electorate in
rural areas ahead of Assembly elections next year, Rashtriya
Lok Dal (RLD) will launch a month long yatra from September 1,
a party official said here today.
The Chaudhary Charan Singh Gram Swaraj Yatra will cover a
large number of villages in various districts over a period of
one month, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
Dubey said that the decision in this regard was taken
yesterday at the party`s zonal committee meeting presided by
state president Baba Hardev Singh.
During the meeting, support was extended to Anna Hazare`s
campaign against corruption and it was said that there was no
logic behind his arrest, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch
- Six killed in vehicles' collision in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhumi Pednekar feels glad about `plus sized` actors now being given equal love