RLD plans yatra ahead of 2012 Assembly elections
Lucknow: In a bid to woo the electorate in
rural areas ahead of Assembly elections next year, Rashtriya
Lok Dal (RLD) will launch a month long yatra from September 1,
a party official said here today.
The Chaudhary Charan Singh Gram Swaraj Yatra will cover a
large number of villages in various districts over a period of
one month, RLD spokesman Anil Dubey said.
Dubey said that the decision in this regard was taken
yesterday at the party`s zonal committee meeting presided by
state president Baba Hardev Singh.
During the meeting, support was extended to Anna Hazare`s
campaign against corruption and it was said that there was no
logic behind his arrest, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption