RLD to press for induction of 16 BCs to SC category
Lucknow: Rashtriya Lok Dal would devise a
strategy to get "16 most backward castes" in Uttar Pradesh
included into the Scheduled castes category and for this
representatives the communities have been invited for a party
meeting in New Delhi tomorrow.
What is seen as an electoral populist move for the 2012
Assembly polls, the 16 representatives would discuss their
problems with RLD supremo Ajit Singh and would devise a
strategy to press for the demand to get them included in the
Scheduled Castes, a party leader has said.
"The representatives of 16 most backward castes of Uttar
Pradesh has been invited in the meeting to be held in New
Delhi with party supremo Ajit Singh", the leader said.
The previous Samajwadi Party government under Mualyam
Singh Yadav had agreed to include these castes in the SC
category and sent a proposal to the Centre for the same.
However, the present BSP government of Mayawati quashed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal