RLD to press for induction of 16 BCs to SC category
Lucknow: Rashtriya Lok Dal would devise a
strategy to get "16 most backward castes" in Uttar Pradesh
included into the Scheduled castes category and for this
representatives the communities have been invited for a party
meeting in New Delhi tomorrow.
What is seen as an electoral populist move for the 2012
Assembly polls, the 16 representatives would discuss their
problems with RLD supremo Ajit Singh and would devise a
strategy to press for the demand to get them included in the
Scheduled Castes, a party leader has said.
"The representatives of 16 most backward castes of Uttar
Pradesh has been invited in the meeting to be held in New
Delhi with party supremo Ajit Singh", the leader said.
The previous Samajwadi Party government under Mualyam
Singh Yadav had agreed to include these castes in the SC
category and sent a proposal to the Centre for the same.
However, the present BSP government of Mayawati quashed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city