RLD`s UP chief resigns; cites `ideological reasons`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit president of the Rashtriya Lok Dal Baba Hardev Singh on Saturday resigned from his post.
In a three line resignation letter sent to RLD president and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, he said that he was not able to discharge his duties "because of ideological reasons" and requested for relieving him of the responsibility.
Some other office-bearers belonging to students and lawyers` cells of the party have also tendered their resignation letters.
Hardev Singh, a retired PCS officer was made the state unit head on February 4, 2011 and had unsuccessfully fought the last UP Assembly election from Etmadpur in Agra.
RLD had entered into an alliance with Congress in the last Assembly polls and won only nine seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah