RLD`s UP chief resigns; cites `ideological reasons`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit president of the Rashtriya Lok Dal Baba Hardev Singh on Saturday resigned from his post.
In a three line resignation letter sent to RLD president and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, he said that he was not able to discharge his duties "because of ideological reasons" and requested for relieving him of the responsibility.
Some other office-bearers belonging to students and lawyers` cells of the party have also tendered their resignation letters.
Hardev Singh, a retired PCS officer was made the state unit head on February 4, 2011 and had unsuccessfully fought the last UP Assembly election from Etmadpur in Agra.
RLD had entered into an alliance with Congress in the last Assembly polls and won only nine seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?