RLD`s UP chief resigns; cites `ideological reasons`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit president of the Rashtriya Lok Dal Baba Hardev Singh on Saturday resigned from his post.
In a three line resignation letter sent to RLD president and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, he said that he was not able to discharge his duties "because of ideological reasons" and requested for relieving him of the responsibility.
Some other office-bearers belonging to students and lawyers` cells of the party have also tendered their resignation letters.
Hardev Singh, a retired PCS officer was made the state unit head on February 4, 2011 and had unsuccessfully fought the last UP Assembly election from Etmadpur in Agra.
RLD had entered into an alliance with Congress in the last Assembly polls and won only nine seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living