RLD`s UP chief resigns; cites `ideological reasons`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh unit president of the Rashtriya Lok Dal Baba Hardev Singh on Saturday resigned from his post.
In a three line resignation letter sent to RLD president and Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh, he said that he was not able to discharge his duties "because of ideological reasons" and requested for relieving him of the responsibility.
Some other office-bearers belonging to students and lawyers` cells of the party have also tendered their resignation letters.
Hardev Singh, a retired PCS officer was made the state unit head on February 4, 2011 and had unsuccessfully fought the last UP Assembly election from Etmadpur in Agra.
RLD had entered into an alliance with Congress in the last Assembly polls and won only nine seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17