Robber shot dead by ex-Army man in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A retired Army personnel allegedly shot dead an armed robber, who along with his three accomplices, broke into his house in Loni area here, police said on Friday.
Brahm Singh (65) owns two adjoining houses in D Block of Lalbagh Colony. He along with his family members lives in one of them, leaving the other one vacant, they said.
The incident took place at Thursday night when Singh woke up hearing a noise coming from his vacant house and went to check there with his licensed rifle.
He found four armed robbers inside the house who opened firing at him. However, the ex-Army personnel escaped unhurt.
Later, he too fired at them, during which one of the miscreants, identified as Sonu was injured and was rushed to hospital, where he was declared brought dead, police said.
A case has been registered in this regard, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray