Robber shot dead by ex-Army man in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A retired Army personnel allegedly shot dead an armed robber, who along with his three accomplices, broke into his house in Loni area here, police said on Friday.
Brahm Singh (65) owns two adjoining houses in D Block of Lalbagh Colony. He along with his family members lives in one of them, leaving the other one vacant, they said.
The incident took place at Thursday night when Singh woke up hearing a noise coming from his vacant house and went to check there with his licensed rifle.
He found four armed robbers inside the house who opened firing at him. However, the ex-Army personnel escaped unhurt.
Later, he too fired at them, during which one of the miscreants, identified as Sonu was injured and was rushed to hospital, where he was declared brought dead, police said.
A case has been registered in this regard, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!