Robbers kill woman, chop off hands to remove silver bangles
Lucknow: A gang of robbers allegedly killed a 70-year-old woman and and chopped off her hands to remove silver bangles in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district, police sources said here on Thursday.
The robbers attacked the house of the woman, identified as Amratia, at Bareda village in Attara area of Banda district yesterday when she was alone, a police officer said.
An FIR has been registered and a probe has begun, the officer said, adding that no arrest has so far been made in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter