RPSF constable arrested for trying to rape rag picker
Mathura: A constable of Railway Protection Special Force was arrested on Monday for allegedly trying to rape a minor girl at a platform of railway junction here.
Constable Vikas tried to rape the 11-year-old girl, a rag picker, at one side of the platform on Saturday, according to an FIR registered by railways police yesterday.
However, the girl shouted and several other children reached the spot and they also raised an alarm, police said.
Some GRP constables chased Vikas and he was later arrested following registration of a case.
"Vikas ran away to his barrack when two GRP policemen tried to nab him. He finally was arrested following the FIR filed by the girl," police report said.
"The constable will automatically be suspended since he has spent more than 24 hours in the prison," DIG railways DK Rai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit