Rs 1 cr package for more than 12 IIT Kanpur students
Kanpur: More than twelve students at the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur here have bagged a package of Rs 1 crore or more during an ongoing placement drive.
There are dozens of students who have bagged a package between 30 lakh to 75 lakh rupees per annum, head of IIT placement centre Vimal Kumar said on Wednesday.
However, he refused to give details of the package.
In the last 15 days, 675 students have got job offer letters. The first phase of the placement drive would end on December 22 and the second phase would start from January 5, he said.
Around 200 companies have already participated in placement drive while 15 to 20 more companies are expected to come.
Multi-national companies that have participated in the placement procedure so far include Mitsubishi, Amazon, Citibank, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, Airbus, HSBC Bank, Deutsche Bank, Credit Switch and others, Kumar said.
Indian companies that participated in the placement drive include Tata motors, ITC, Flipkart, Infosys and Hero motors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported