Rs 1 crore stolen from Axis Bank ATMs in Allahabad
Allahabad: In a sensational incident, over Rs. 1 crore was stolen on Saturday from different ATMs of Axis bank in Allahabad, police said on Saturday.
The matter came to light on Saturday and it is suspected that a bank employee involved in filling cash at these ATMs is behind the theft.
A bank official Saturday lodged a complaint with the Allahabad police that over Rs. 1.16 crore had gone missing from different ATMs that the bank owns in different parts of the city. The bank also told police that they suspect a staffer named Bhupesh.
According to officials, Bhupesh had been withdrawing money from the bank for filling it in banks ATMs including one in the posh Civil Lines area but it was discovered during a weekend check that this money was never deposited in the machines.
Police officials said that search was on for Bhupesh who was missing since morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!