Rs 1 crore stolen from Axis Bank ATMs in Allahabad
Allahabad: In a sensational incident, over Rs. 1 crore was stolen on Saturday from different ATMs of Axis bank in Allahabad, police said on Saturday.
The matter came to light on Saturday and it is suspected that a bank employee involved in filling cash at these ATMs is behind the theft.
A bank official Saturday lodged a complaint with the Allahabad police that over Rs. 1.16 crore had gone missing from different ATMs that the bank owns in different parts of the city. The bank also told police that they suspect a staffer named Bhupesh.
According to officials, Bhupesh had been withdrawing money from the bank for filling it in banks ATMs including one in the posh Civil Lines area but it was discovered during a weekend check that this money was never deposited in the machines.
Police officials said that search was on for Bhupesh who was missing since morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened