Rs 30 crore for development of Mathura-Vrindavan circuit
Mathura: With an aim to tap tourism potential of the holy Mathura-Vrindavan circuit, the place where Hindu diety Lord Krishna is believed to have been born, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to infuse a capital of Rs 30 crore to fast-pace the development works in the region.
Announcing this here on Saturday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the amount will be widely spent on a range of works in Brijbhumi, including renovation and beautification of ghats, kunds and sarovars.
Akhilesh, who was here to inaugurate modern kitchen scheme of Akshaya Patra Foundation, said work on all these projects will commence soon.
He gave his nod for a bridge on river Yamuna, besides a grant of Rs 8 crore for construction of roads in the region and Rs 1 crore for beautification of Kacchi Parikrama in Govardhan.
On this occasion, Akhilesh announced that the per-day availability of electricity in the Mathura-Vrindavan region will be enhanced, and the facility will be extended to other areas of Mathura once power situation improves.
Asserting that availability of funds would never be an issue for the development of the region, Akhilesh assured of all measures to ensure cleanliness in the Brij region.
"There would be no dearth of funds for construction of roads and cleanliness of Mathura and Vrindaban. If needed, modern equipment for cleanliness will also be purchased," the chief minister announced.
He also gave green signal to establishment of Press Club in Mathura.
"File would be taken out and all hurdles coming on the way of Press Club will be removed," he said.
Lauding the role of Akshaya Patra Foundation for its efforts in supplying hygienic food to school children, he said efforts will be made to expand its reach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why