Rs 30 crore for development of Mathura-Vrindavan circuit
Mathura: With an aim to tap tourism potential of the holy Mathura-Vrindavan circuit, the place where Hindu diety Lord Krishna is believed to have been born, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to infuse a capital of Rs 30 crore to fast-pace the development works in the region.
Announcing this here on Saturday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said the amount will be widely spent on a range of works in Brijbhumi, including renovation and beautification of ghats, kunds and sarovars.
Akhilesh, who was here to inaugurate modern kitchen scheme of Akshaya Patra Foundation, said work on all these projects will commence soon.
He gave his nod for a bridge on river Yamuna, besides a grant of Rs 8 crore for construction of roads in the region and Rs 1 crore for beautification of Kacchi Parikrama in Govardhan.
On this occasion, Akhilesh announced that the per-day availability of electricity in the Mathura-Vrindavan region will be enhanced, and the facility will be extended to other areas of Mathura once power situation improves.
Asserting that availability of funds would never be an issue for the development of the region, Akhilesh assured of all measures to ensure cleanliness in the Brij region.
"There would be no dearth of funds for construction of roads and cleanliness of Mathura and Vrindaban. If needed, modern equipment for cleanliness will also be purchased," the chief minister announced.
He also gave green signal to establishment of Press Club in Mathura.
"File would be taken out and all hurdles coming on the way of Press Club will be removed," he said.
Lauding the role of Akshaya Patra Foundation for its efforts in supplying hygienic food to school children, he said efforts will be made to expand its reach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism
- Pakistani beauty Saba Qamar to star opposite Irrfan Khan in 'Hindi Medium': First look OUT!
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final