Rs 4 crore of unaccounted cash seized in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Almost Rs 4 crore of unaccounted money suspected to be meant for use during the upcoming parliamentary polls was seized from four different locations here Wednesday, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shivhari Meena said the cash was seized during a drive to keep tab on unaccounted cash flow. He said that while Rs 2 crore was found in the back of a van, police also seized Rs 26 and Rs 6 lakh from different vehicles.
The police official said another Rs 1.35 crore was seized from a car on National Highway 24.
"In view of the parliamentary elections, we launched a drive to unearth unaccounted money. As per rules, one cannot carry more than Rs 50,000 in cash," Meena said.
"If somebody is found possessing more than the stipulated amount, he has to justify it through documents... So the drive proved successful when our team seized Rs 4 crore in a single go," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list