Rs 4 crore of unaccounted cash seized in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Almost Rs 4 crore of unaccounted money suspected to be meant for use during the upcoming parliamentary polls was seized from four different locations here Wednesday, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shivhari Meena said the cash was seized during a drive to keep tab on unaccounted cash flow. He said that while Rs 2 crore was found in the back of a van, police also seized Rs 26 and Rs 6 lakh from different vehicles.
The police official said another Rs 1.35 crore was seized from a car on National Highway 24.
"In view of the parliamentary elections, we launched a drive to unearth unaccounted money. As per rules, one cannot carry more than Rs 50,000 in cash," Meena said.
"If somebody is found possessing more than the stipulated amount, he has to justify it through documents... So the drive proved successful when our team seized Rs 4 crore in a single go," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!