Rs 4.21 lakh bid for Narendra Modi’s Agra chair
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders are engaged in a bidding war for a chair on which party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi sat while addressing a rally in Agra.
The bid to purchase the chair on which Modi sat has gone up to Rs 4.21 lakh.
Meanwhile, senior party leaders said the practice was against BJP’s culture. On being contacted, UP BJP chief Laxmikant Bajpai said the matter should be put to an end as "seats were not sold in the party, one has to work to get it".
BJP MLA Jagan Prasad Garg`s bid of Rs 1.25 lakh was the highest till Tuesday, party corporator Pramod Upadhyaya, who provided the furniture during the rally, said the latest bid that he has received is of Rs 4.21 lakh from a local dealer despite him refusing to sell the chair.
MLA Yogendra Upadhyaya and Ramshankar Katheria, MP from Agra, are the other leaders making bids over Rs one lakh.
Modi had on November 21 addressed a large gathering of supporters at Kothi Meena Bazar ground.
The bidding began after a party worker asked the contractor to sell him some of the chairs used in the function.
On being refused, the worker offered to pay Rs 2,000 for the particular chair on which the Gujarat`s chief minister had sat on during his `Vijay Shankhnad` rally here.
The incident influenced other party functionaries as well to quote high prices for the chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'