RSS worker gives kidnappers the slip
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, who was allegedly kidnapped two days back, has managed to give his captors the slip and is now safe in police hands.
Mani Pal was allegedly kidnapped on June 30 while out for a walk in the Kamla Nagar area here. He fled the kidnappers` net last night, senior police official Subhashchand Dubey said.
Pal, who was being held captive somewhere in the jungles of Beehad, managed to reach Atepur police chowki in Firozabad district from where he was handed over to Agra police.
Pal told police that a gang of six persons had kidnapped him and demanded a ransom from his family members in exchange for his release.
Pal, who hails from Azamgarh district in Uttar Pradesh, had come to the city to attend a conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS