RSS worker gives kidnappers the slip
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, who was allegedly kidnapped two days back, has managed to give his captors the slip and is now safe in police hands.
Mani Pal was allegedly kidnapped on June 30 while out for a walk in the Kamla Nagar area here. He fled the kidnappers` net last night, senior police official Subhashchand Dubey said.
Pal, who was being held captive somewhere in the jungles of Beehad, managed to reach Atepur police chowki in Firozabad district from where he was handed over to Agra police.
Pal told police that a gang of six persons had kidnapped him and demanded a ransom from his family members in exchange for his release.
Pal, who hails from Azamgarh district in Uttar Pradesh, had come to the city to attend a conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra