RSS worker gives kidnappers the slip
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, who was allegedly kidnapped two days back, has managed to give his captors the slip and is now safe in police hands.
Mani Pal was allegedly kidnapped on June 30 while out for a walk in the Kamla Nagar area here. He fled the kidnappers` net last night, senior police official Subhashchand Dubey said.
Pal, who was being held captive somewhere in the jungles of Beehad, managed to reach Atepur police chowki in Firozabad district from where he was handed over to Agra police.
Pal told police that a gang of six persons had kidnapped him and demanded a ransom from his family members in exchange for his release.
Pal, who hails from Azamgarh district in Uttar Pradesh, had come to the city to attend a conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- IIT-JEE Main rankings out; boys dominate list
- Oops! No changes in ticketing rules from July 1, says Railways
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!