RSS worker kidnapped in UP
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, was allegedly kidnapped from Kamla Nagar area here when he went out for a walk this morning.
Manipal, who belongs to Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, came to the city to attend a conference of Vanvasi Bandhu Parishad at the Saraswati School in Kamla Nagar area, police said.
The issue came to the fore when the family members received a ranson call and they informed the organisers of the conference about the incident, they said.
It appears to be a case of mistaken identity, police said, adding teams have been formed to rescue him at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore