RSS worker kidnapped in UP
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, was allegedly kidnapped from Kamla Nagar area here when he went out for a walk this morning.
Manipal, who belongs to Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, came to the city to attend a conference of Vanvasi Bandhu Parishad at the Saraswati School in Kamla Nagar area, police said.
The issue came to the fore when the family members received a ranson call and they informed the organisers of the conference about the incident, they said.
It appears to be a case of mistaken identity, police said, adding teams have been formed to rescue him at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown