RSS worker kidnapped in Uttar Pradesh
Agra: A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker was allegedly kidnapped from Kamla Nagar area here when he went out for a walk on Sunday morning.
Manipal, who belongs to Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, came to the city to attend a conference of Vanvasi Bandhu Parishad at the Saraswati School in Kamla Nagar area, police said.
The issue came to the fore when the family members received a ransom call and they informed the organisers of the conference about the incident, they said.
It appears to be a case of mistaken identity, police said, adding teams have been formed to rescue him at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information