RTE and Compulsory Education rulebook approved
Lucknow: For effective implementation of
Right to Education Act in the state, the Uttar Pradesh cabinet
today approved Right to Free and Compulsory Education rulebook
The decision was taken during a meeting of the cabinet
chaired by Chief Minister Mayawati, an official spokesperson
He said that under Section 38 of the RTE Act, powers
to frame rules have been given to the state and the new
rulebook has eight sections and 24 rules.
As per the rulebook, for students from class I to
V, schools would be set up in localities where there are
no institutions within one kilometre distance and has minimum
population of 300 people.
Similarly for students of class VI to VIII schools
would be set up in localities where there are no institutions
within three kilometre distance and its minimum population is
A state advisory council with 14 members and a
chairman would be constituted. Minister of basic education
department would be its chairman.
The council would advise the government for effective
implementation of the provisions of the Act.
While the state government had released Rs 1845 crore
as its share in 2010-11, Rs 2056 crore would be required in
the current fiscal against which a budgetary provision of Rs
1603 crore has been made.
As state share, Rs 4472 crore would be needed in
2012-13, Rs 4274 in 2013-14 and Rs 4512 crore in 2014-2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- DNA: Today in History | May 24, 2016
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes oath as Chief Minister of Assam
- CBI raids Visva Bharati varsity, officers' residences
- Substantial decline in riots and communal incidents: Naqvi
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM