Runaway couple commits suicide in Bareilly
Bareilly: A couple that had eloped from
Uttarakhand`s Almora district allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a temple in Bhamaura area here, police said Thursday.
Rajaram (24) and Chittra (14) consumed poison inside
the temple and were rushed to a hospital where they died last
Rajaram used to work as driver for Chittra`s father
Mahesh in Almora.
On March 18, the two eloped after which Mahesh lodged
a case of kidnapping against him, they said.
Later, Uttarakhand Police raided the house of Rajaram
and his relatives in search of the couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming