Runaway couple commits suicide in Bareilly
Bareilly: A couple that had eloped from
Uttarakhand`s Almora district allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a temple in Bhamaura area here, police said Thursday.
Rajaram (24) and Chittra (14) consumed poison inside
the temple and were rushed to a hospital where they died last
Rajaram used to work as driver for Chittra`s father
Mahesh in Almora.
On March 18, the two eloped after which Mahesh lodged
a case of kidnapping against him, they said.
Later, Uttarakhand Police raided the house of Rajaram
and his relatives in search of the couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'