Runaway couple commits suicide in Bareilly
Bareilly: A couple that had eloped from
Uttarakhand`s Almora district allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a temple in Bhamaura area here, police said Thursday.
Rajaram (24) and Chittra (14) consumed poison inside
the temple and were rushed to a hospital where they died last
Rajaram used to work as driver for Chittra`s father
Mahesh in Almora.
On March 18, the two eloped after which Mahesh lodged
a case of kidnapping against him, they said.
Later, Uttarakhand Police raided the house of Rajaram
and his relatives in search of the couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?