Sachan: Jailor, jail doctor appears before CJM
Lucknow: Suspended Lucknow jailor J P
Srivasatava and jail doctor R C Jauhri on Friday appeared before
Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajesh Upadhaya for recording their
statements in connection with the judicial inquiry in the
mysterious death of deputy CMO YS Sachan in the Lucknow jail
on June 22.
The CJM summoned deputy jailor Sunil Kumar Singh and
prison guard Babu Ram Dubey tomorrow for recording their
statement in connection with the case.
Jailor Bhimsen Mukund had appeared before the CJM
yesterday and recorded his statement relating to the death of
Sachan, whose body with injury marks was found in the toilet
of the jail hospital.
In the autopsy report nine injury marks were detected on
his neck, elbows, thigh and left wrist.
52-year-old Sachan was the main accused in the murder of
Chief Medical Officer (Family Welfare) B P Singh, who was shot
dead by unidentified persons on April 2.
The opposition has alleged that Sachan was "murdered" to
save influential people in the Mayawati government and those
involved in the killing of two Chief Medical Officers. They
have also demanded a CBI inquiry in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Belgium detains two in new anti-terror raids: Prosecutor
- Merkel in no hurry for Britain to trigger EU exit process
- Lalchand Rajput appointed as the coach of Afghanistan cricket team
- Subramanian Swamy makes explosive claims, says Kejriwal didn't get rank in IIT, Sonia wanted Emergency in 2012
- I'm going nowhere, says UK opposition leader Corbyn