Sachan murder case: Wife seeks copy of closure report
Lucknow: Malti Sachan, the wife of former Uttar Pradesh deputy chief medical officer YS Sachan, moved an application in a court here on Tuesday questioning the CBI probe into her husband`s murder case, and sought a copy of agency`s closure report.
The application was moved by Malti`s counsel, VK Shahi, in the court of Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi.
Shahi said in the application it was alleged the CBI investigation into the Sachan murder case was conducted in a biased manner and was politically motivated to save high-ups and real culprits.
He said the applicant submitted that she was unaware on which points the CBI investigated the murder of Sachan as no material, including the closure report, was provided to her.
On this, the court provided a copy of the closure report, filed by the CBI on September 28, to Malti`s counsel.
The court also permitted him to examine the records submitted by the CBI and take a certified copy of any specific documents, if required.
The court granted the CBI time to file objections on a protest application filed by one Sachidanand Gupta alias Sache while asking him to explain his locus standi.
The protest application was filed on October 03 in the court against the closure report filed by the CBI in the Sachan murder case, alleging the agency was trying to protect influential people.
The court fixed November 02 as the next date of hearing.
Shahi said a proper protest application would be filed by Malti on the next date of hearing.
On September 28, the CBI had filed its closure report in the court saying all the evidence pointed to suicide.
The 120-page closure report said during the probe no evidence had come on record indicating the death of Sachan in jail on June 22, 2011 to be a homicide.
The evidence collected during investigation, including statements of witnesses and expert opinions, all indicate that Sachan had committed suicide, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September