Sachar appeals UP govt to release comm report of 2007 blasts
Lucknow: Former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court Rajinder Sachar on Friday said the Uttar Pradesh government should immediately release the report of the inquiry commission relating to youths arrested in connection with 2007 serial court blasts.
Talking to the reporters Justice Sachar said that the RD Nimesh inquiry commission report, which is with the state government since August 31 regarding arrest of Tariq Qasim and Khalid Mujahid should be made public.
He said that people have full right to know that what was in the report as not only the lives of those arrested was at stake, but there was a question of justice to people killed in terrorist activities.
A list of 68 people titled `Muslim Youths and Terrorist Incidents` was released and demand was raised for an inquiry into charges against them.
He demanded a separate commission for enquiry of those accused in terror activities saying, "Muslim youths, after spending over ten years in jail, were being acquitted by the courts."
He said that due to these incidents a feeling was emerging among Muslims that governments were framing them due to policy reason which was dangerous for democracy.
Raising question over commitment of the political parties towards secularism, he alleged that though Modi government was not there in Delhi and at the Centre, but Muslims were being arrested on fake charges of terrorism which exposes non-secular character of non-BJP parties.
Demanding abolition of sedition law, Sachar said "there could be no place for the law framed by the Britishers in democracy."
He said that it was unfortunate that Congress government was not abolishing the law, even when Jawaharlal Nehru himself was against it.
On the question of FDI, Sachar said that the manner in which East India Company made the country slave for decades in the name of trade, so called democratic governments were pushing it towards new slavery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video