Sachi Ghildiyal to be first woman SSP Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: IPS officer Sachi Ghildiyal, posted with Lucknow Intelligence squad, is the newly appointed and first woman Superintendent of Police of Ghaziabad.
Ghildiyal, a 2002 batch IPS officer and resident of Uttarakhand, was appointed after the Election Commission transferred Dharmendra Singh from the post.
Singh had served as SSP Ghaziabad for eight months.
Ghildiyal is known for her bravery while she was posted at Chitrakoot district of Uttar Pradesh, where she reportedly caught many notorious gangs of dacoits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley