Sack Education Min Mishra: Lokayukta to Mayawati
Lucknow: Another minister of Mayawati’s Cabinet is in trouble.
The state Lokayukta has sent a report to the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, recommending Secondary Education Minister Rangnath Mishra be removed for allegedly acquiring assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Lokayukta sent the report after conducting an investigation into Mishra’s assets.
A PIL has also been filed in the Allahabad High Court seeking a CBI inquiry against Mishra. The PIL, filed by one Baijnath, says Mishra accumulated crores of rupees in his and family’s name through various societies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader