Sack Mayawati govt: SP
Lucknow: Demanding immediate dismissal of
the Mayawati government, the Samajwadi Party on Monday staged a
demonstration outside the state legislature here as part of
its five-day stir against the BSP rule in Uttar Pradesh.
Chanting slogans against the state government, they
burnt an effigy of Chief Minister Mayawati outside the state
legislature as police used force to disperse them.
The SP workers demanded imposition of President`s rule
in the state to protect the people from what it called the
"corrupt Mayawati government".
They also handed over a memorandum in this regard to
the district administration to be handed over to the Governor.
Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party has launched a
five-day statewide agitation against the Mayawati government
on September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price