Sack Mayawati govt: SP
Lucknow: Demanding immediate dismissal of
the Mayawati government, the Samajwadi Party on Monday staged a
demonstration outside the state legislature here as part of
its five-day stir against the BSP rule in Uttar Pradesh.
Chanting slogans against the state government, they
burnt an effigy of Chief Minister Mayawati outside the state
legislature as police used force to disperse them.
The SP workers demanded imposition of President`s rule
in the state to protect the people from what it called the
"corrupt Mayawati government".
They also handed over a memorandum in this regard to
the district administration to be handed over to the Governor.
Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party has launched a
five-day statewide agitation against the Mayawati government
on September 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview