Saharanpur clashes: Aggrieved are being booked, claims BJP
Lucknow: Claiming that Saharanpur clashes took place due to administrative laxity, BJP on Saturday alleged that the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved to appease a "particular section".
"Saharanpur riot is a result of administrative laxity and appeasement of a particular section. It was pre-planned," state BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged after meeting Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik here.
Bajpai also alleged that to appease a particular section the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved party.
"Even the administration has admitted that who the mastermind is, and his photo has been published in various media," he said.
Bajpai said that there was no litigation on the land which was being termed as disputed and around which the conspiracy was hatched.
The BJP leader submitted a memorandum to the Governor, which included documents of the land and report of the BJP fact finding committee.
Clashes between two communities last month over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill