Saharanpur clashes: Aggrieved are being booked, claims BJP
Lucknow: Claiming that Saharanpur clashes took place due to administrative laxity, BJP on Saturday alleged that the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved to appease a "particular section".
"Saharanpur riot is a result of administrative laxity and appeasement of a particular section. It was pre-planned," state BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai alleged after meeting Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik here.
Bajpai also alleged that to appease a particular section the administration was also lodging cases against aggrieved party.
"Even the administration has admitted that who the mastermind is, and his photo has been published in various media," he said.
Bajpai said that there was no litigation on the land which was being termed as disputed and around which the conspiracy was hatched.
The BJP leader submitted a memorandum to the Governor, which included documents of the land and report of the BJP fact finding committee.
Clashes between two communities last month over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured. As many as 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze during the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons