Sahibabad shootout: Death toll reaches 4
Ghaziabad: With the death of one more person, the toll in the shootout between two feuding gangs in Sahihabad has reached four, police said on Sunday.
Dheeraj, a member of the Sundar Bhatti gang, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital yesterday, they said. Earlier three persons were killed in the shootout between Sundar and Narender Bhatti gangs during a marriage ceremony on Friday.
Meanwhile, police has formed four teams to arrest the killers, SSP Raghubir Lal said, adding that spent cartridges recovered from the site confirm that sophisticated weapons, including AK-47, were used in the firing.
Narender Bhatti, a local body chairman in Gautam Budh Nagar, was gunned down by members of rival gang of Surinder.
Since then, the former`s men were eyeing a revenge and Friday`s incident is being seen in that light, Lal said.
Sunder was attending a family wedding function when the shootout took place, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister