Sahibabad shootout: Death toll reaches 4
Ghaziabad: With the death of one more person, the toll in the shootout between two feuding gangs in Sahihabad has reached four, police said on Sunday.
Dheeraj, a member of the Sundar Bhatti gang, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital yesterday, they said. Earlier three persons were killed in the shootout between Sundar and Narender Bhatti gangs during a marriage ceremony on Friday.
Meanwhile, police has formed four teams to arrest the killers, SSP Raghubir Lal said, adding that spent cartridges recovered from the site confirm that sophisticated weapons, including AK-47, were used in the firing.
Narender Bhatti, a local body chairman in Gautam Budh Nagar, was gunned down by members of rival gang of Surinder.
Since then, the former`s men were eyeing a revenge and Friday`s incident is being seen in that light, Lal said.
Sunder was attending a family wedding function when the shootout took place, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption