Sahibabad shootout: Death toll reaches 4
Ghaziabad: With the death of one more person, the toll in the shootout between two feuding gangs in Sahihabad has reached four, police said on Sunday.
Dheeraj, a member of the Sundar Bhatti gang, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital yesterday, they said. Earlier three persons were killed in the shootout between Sundar and Narender Bhatti gangs during a marriage ceremony on Friday.
Meanwhile, police has formed four teams to arrest the killers, SSP Raghubir Lal said, adding that spent cartridges recovered from the site confirm that sophisticated weapons, including AK-47, were used in the firing.
Narender Bhatti, a local body chairman in Gautam Budh Nagar, was gunned down by members of rival gang of Surinder.
Since then, the former`s men were eyeing a revenge and Friday`s incident is being seen in that light, Lal said.
Sunder was attending a family wedding function when the shootout took place, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test