Sakshi Maharaj gets interim bail in misuse of MPLAD fund case
Etah: Former MP Sakshi Maharaj and
three other persons have been granted interim bail in a case
of misappropriation of Rs 25 lakh allocated to a college from
the Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund.
A complaint was lodged on September 5 against Maharaj,
principal of Madalasa Inter College in Uddaitpur, Udai Pratap
Singh, its president Brahmanand and treasurer Padam Singh.
District Magistrate Ramesh Chandra yesterday granted
interim bail to all the accused and fixed October 28 for the
hearing of their applications.
Maharaj, meanwhile, refuted the allegation saying, he has
been implicated in the case and the papers and affidavit
produced by the District Magistrate were fake.
He also demanded an inquiry into the matter by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach