Sakshi Maharaj gets interim bail in misuse of MPLAD fund case
Etah: Former MP Sakshi Maharaj and
three other persons have been granted interim bail in a case
of misappropriation of Rs 25 lakh allocated to a college from
the Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund.
A complaint was lodged on September 5 against Maharaj,
principal of Madalasa Inter College in Uddaitpur, Udai Pratap
Singh, its president Brahmanand and treasurer Padam Singh.
District Magistrate Ramesh Chandra yesterday granted
interim bail to all the accused and fixed October 28 for the
hearing of their applications.
Maharaj, meanwhile, refuted the allegation saying, he has
been implicated in the case and the papers and affidavit
produced by the District Magistrate were fake.
He also demanded an inquiry into the matter by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice