Sakshi Maharaj gets interim bail in misuse of MPLAD fund case
Etah: Former MP Sakshi Maharaj and
three other persons have been granted interim bail in a case
of misappropriation of Rs 25 lakh allocated to a college from
the Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund.
A complaint was lodged on September 5 against Maharaj,
principal of Madalasa Inter College in Uddaitpur, Udai Pratap
Singh, its president Brahmanand and treasurer Padam Singh.
District Magistrate Ramesh Chandra yesterday granted
interim bail to all the accused and fixed October 28 for the
hearing of their applications.
Maharaj, meanwhile, refuted the allegation saying, he has
been implicated in the case and the papers and affidavit
produced by the District Magistrate were fake.
He also demanded an inquiry into the matter by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- People closer to family less likely to die early
- J-K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered
- Indian origin ex-husband of step-mom accused of killing girl arrested in US
- US, South Korea begin joint drills amid tension after defection
- Porn viewing a death knell for happy marriage