Sakshi Maharaj gets interim bail in misuse of MPLAD fund case
Etah: Former MP Sakshi Maharaj and
three other persons have been granted interim bail in a case
of misappropriation of Rs 25 lakh allocated to a college from
the Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund.
A complaint was lodged on September 5 against Maharaj,
principal of Madalasa Inter College in Uddaitpur, Udai Pratap
Singh, its president Brahmanand and treasurer Padam Singh.
District Magistrate Ramesh Chandra yesterday granted
interim bail to all the accused and fixed October 28 for the
hearing of their applications.
Maharaj, meanwhile, refuted the allegation saying, he has
been implicated in the case and the papers and affidavit
produced by the District Magistrate were fake.
He also demanded an inquiry into the matter by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof