Salesman shot dead, bag containing Rs 2 lakh looted in UP
Gonda: A 30 year-old salesman was
shot dead by three armed men, who also allegedly looted his bag containing Rs two lakhs here, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred last night when Brijesh Srivastava, a salesman working in Mankapur township, was returning in a van from Babhban area with Rs two lakh, Superintendent of Police Durga Charan Misra said.
Three motorcycle-borne armed assailants overtook Srivasatav near Khamhaiya village and fired at him before fleeing with the bag, the SP said, adding that he died on the spot.
A case has been registered and investigations were on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack