Salman Khan woos voters for Raj Babbar
Firozabad: Bollywood hunk Salman Khan today
hit the campaign trail for the prestigious Firozabad Lok Sabha
by-election in Uttar Pradesh aggressively wooing voters for
Congress candidate Raj Babbar.
Salman held roadshows at Tundla to muster support for
actor-politician Babbar who is pitted against Dimple Yadav,
daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh
"If Babbar wins, I guarantee you the development of this
constituency," he told a large gathering.
The crowd lustily cheered the cine star when he
delivered dialogues from some his hit flicks.
In the April-May Lok Sabha polls, Salman also campaigned
for Congress nominees.
With Salman garnering support for Babbar, the Samajwadi
Party said it would too rope in film stars to campaign for its
"Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada and Jaya Bachchan will campaign
for Dimple along with SP leader Amar Singh tomorrow," a senior
SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!