Salman Khan woos voters for Raj Babbar
Firozabad: Bollywood hunk Salman Khan today
hit the campaign trail for the prestigious Firozabad Lok Sabha
by-election in Uttar Pradesh aggressively wooing voters for
Congress candidate Raj Babbar.
Salman held roadshows at Tundla to muster support for
actor-politician Babbar who is pitted against Dimple Yadav,
daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh
"If Babbar wins, I guarantee you the development of this
constituency," he told a large gathering.
The crowd lustily cheered the cine star when he
delivered dialogues from some his hit flicks.
In the April-May Lok Sabha polls, Salman also campaigned
for Congress nominees.
With Salman garnering support for Babbar, the Samajwadi
Party said it would too rope in film stars to campaign for its
"Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada and Jaya Bachchan will campaign
for Dimple along with SP leader Amar Singh tomorrow," a senior
SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees