Samajwadi govt responsible for Muzaffarnagar-violence: Kalraj
Kanpur: Blaming the UP government for the riots in Muzaffarnagar, BJP leader Kalraj Mishra has charged that violence was orchestrated by the Samajwadi party for vote-bank politics.
He alleged that even one-sided arrests are being made in the riot-affected areas for the appeasement of the particular community.
"The violence in Muzaffarnagar is orchestrated by the state government. The SP, BSP and Congress are hand-in-glove with each other," Mishra said here yesterday.
He was on his way to Hamirpur for a programme and halted here for a while late last evening.
Mishra blamed the poor law and order situation in the state for the riots and said that SP government has failed on all the fronts.
Training its guns on the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Mishra said the common man is reeling under inflation and price-rise due to the corruption of the Central government.
When asked about the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Mishra said it will be decided by the Parliamentary Board of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal