Samajwadi Party demands increase in sugarcane MSP
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party leaders and
workers on Tuesday staged a protest against the Uttar Pradesh
government for not increasing the Minimum Support Price (MSP)
for sugarcane in Modinagar.
Th protesters demanded the increase of sugarcane`s MSP to
Rs 300 per quintal instead of Rs 205 as declared by the
Mayawati led government last week.
SP state Secretary Ramesh Prajapati gave a memorandum to
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Gyanender Singh in his office
in Modinagar on the issue.
Prajapati threatened that his party will launch a state-
wide agitation if the sugarcane price not increased and will
stop the sugarcane supply to the sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate