Samajwadi Party demands increase in sugarcane MSP
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party leaders and
workers on Tuesday staged a protest against the Uttar Pradesh
government for not increasing the Minimum Support Price (MSP)
for sugarcane in Modinagar.
Th protesters demanded the increase of sugarcane`s MSP to
Rs 300 per quintal instead of Rs 205 as declared by the
Mayawati led government last week.
SP state Secretary Ramesh Prajapati gave a memorandum to
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Gyanender Singh in his office
in Modinagar on the issue.
Prajapati threatened that his party will launch a state-
wide agitation if the sugarcane price not increased and will
stop the sugarcane supply to the sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre