Samajwadi Party demands increase in sugarcane MSP
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party leaders and
workers on Tuesday staged a protest against the Uttar Pradesh
government for not increasing the Minimum Support Price (MSP)
for sugarcane in Modinagar.
Th protesters demanded the increase of sugarcane`s MSP to
Rs 300 per quintal instead of Rs 205 as declared by the
Mayawati led government last week.
SP state Secretary Ramesh Prajapati gave a memorandum to
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Gyanender Singh in his office
in Modinagar on the issue.
Prajapati threatened that his party will launch a state-
wide agitation if the sugarcane price not increased and will
stop the sugarcane supply to the sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'