Samajwadi Party demands increase in sugarcane MSP
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party leaders and
workers on Tuesday staged a protest against the Uttar Pradesh
government for not increasing the Minimum Support Price (MSP)
for sugarcane in Modinagar.
Th protesters demanded the increase of sugarcane`s MSP to
Rs 300 per quintal instead of Rs 205 as declared by the
Mayawati led government last week.
SP state Secretary Ramesh Prajapati gave a memorandum to
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Gyanender Singh in his office
in Modinagar on the issue.
Prajapati threatened that his party will launch a state-
wide agitation if the sugarcane price not increased and will
stop the sugarcane supply to the sugar mills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan