Samajwadi Party expels Agra candidate
Agra: The Samajwadi Party`s Lok Sabha candidate for the Agra city seat Sarika Baghael and her husband Devendra were expelled from the party Friday for calling the party supremo old, a member said Saturday.
The party`s general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has announced the name of Maharaj Singh Dhangar as the new candidate for the seat.
Devendra Baghael had visited a traffic police office Friday afternoon and during an argument with an official, he made an objectionable reference to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Within hours of this incident, Ram Gopal Yadav expelled the couple and named a new candidate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!