Samajwadi Party expels Agra candidate
Agra: The Samajwadi Party`s Lok Sabha candidate for the Agra city seat Sarika Baghael and her husband Devendra were expelled from the party Friday for calling the party supremo old, a member said Saturday.
The party`s general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has announced the name of Maharaj Singh Dhangar as the new candidate for the seat.
Devendra Baghael had visited a traffic police office Friday afternoon and during an argument with an official, he made an objectionable reference to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Within hours of this incident, Ram Gopal Yadav expelled the couple and named a new candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says