Samajwadi Party expels Agra candidate
Agra: The Samajwadi Party`s Lok Sabha candidate for the Agra city seat Sarika Baghael and her husband Devendra were expelled from the party Friday for calling the party supremo old, a member said Saturday.
The party`s general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has announced the name of Maharaj Singh Dhangar as the new candidate for the seat.
Devendra Baghael had visited a traffic police office Friday afternoon and during an argument with an official, he made an objectionable reference to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Within hours of this incident, Ram Gopal Yadav expelled the couple and named a new candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!