Samajwadi Party expels Agra candidate
Agra: The Samajwadi Party`s Lok Sabha candidate for the Agra city seat Sarika Baghael and her husband Devendra were expelled from the party Friday for calling the party supremo old, a member said Saturday.
The party`s general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has announced the name of Maharaj Singh Dhangar as the new candidate for the seat.
Devendra Baghael had visited a traffic police office Friday afternoon and during an argument with an official, he made an objectionable reference to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Within hours of this incident, Ram Gopal Yadav expelled the couple and named a new candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth