Samajwadi Party general secretary resigns
Ghaziabad: The Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary Trilok Tyagi Sunday resigned from the party alleging that it gave a step motherly treatment to the western Uttar Pradesh region.
He and nearly a dozen supporters quit the party ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and blamed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav for ignoring the western region of the state.
Tyagi lashed out at Mulayam Singh Yadav and called him a fake socialist.
He said Mulayam Singh`s family had overpowered the SP leader and that he (Mulayam) was not capable of thinking beyond Safai (Mulayam`s native village) and his family members.
Tyagi hinted that he might join the Rashtriya Lok Dal, of which he was earlier the national general secretary for seven years.
Tyagi, who had contested two parliamentary elections and two assembly elections on the Rashtriya Lok Dal ticket, maintains a sizable support among the Tyagi community spread across western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony