Samajwadi Party general secretary resigns
Ghaziabad: The Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary Trilok Tyagi Sunday resigned from the party alleging that it gave a step motherly treatment to the western Uttar Pradesh region.
He and nearly a dozen supporters quit the party ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and blamed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav for ignoring the western region of the state.
Tyagi lashed out at Mulayam Singh Yadav and called him a fake socialist.
He said Mulayam Singh`s family had overpowered the SP leader and that he (Mulayam) was not capable of thinking beyond Safai (Mulayam`s native village) and his family members.
Tyagi hinted that he might join the Rashtriya Lok Dal, of which he was earlier the national general secretary for seven years.
Tyagi, who had contested two parliamentary elections and two assembly elections on the Rashtriya Lok Dal ticket, maintains a sizable support among the Tyagi community spread across western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!