Samajwadi Party general secretary resigns
Ghaziabad: The Samajwadi Party`s national general secretary Trilok Tyagi Sunday resigned from the party alleging that it gave a step motherly treatment to the western Uttar Pradesh region.
He and nearly a dozen supporters quit the party ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and blamed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav for ignoring the western region of the state.
Tyagi lashed out at Mulayam Singh Yadav and called him a fake socialist.
He said Mulayam Singh`s family had overpowered the SP leader and that he (Mulayam) was not capable of thinking beyond Safai (Mulayam`s native village) and his family members.
Tyagi hinted that he might join the Rashtriya Lok Dal, of which he was earlier the national general secretary for seven years.
Tyagi, who had contested two parliamentary elections and two assembly elections on the Rashtriya Lok Dal ticket, maintains a sizable support among the Tyagi community spread across western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'