Samajwadi Party issues gag orders
Lucknow: Restricting the power to speak for the party only to its senior most leaders, the Samajwadi Party on Friday authorised party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and its three other top leaders to issue official statements.
Besides, Mulayam Singh Yadav, the other three leaders are party national spokesman Ram Gopal Yadav, state president Akhilesh Yadav and state spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, a party statement said.
"It has been seen that those who are not even members of the SP are participating in debates in electronic media channels on behalf of the party. Their views can be personal, but not of the party," Ram Gopal Yadav said in the statement.
Meanwhile, the party today cancelled its three-day brain storming session which was scheduled to begin from tomorrow due to some "unavoidable reasons".
"Party state president Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled the meeting due to unavoidable reasons," state spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The party had called a meeting of state executive on July 28, followed by meeting of district presidents on July 29 and district presidents of youth outfits on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'