Samajwadi Party issues gag orders
Lucknow: Restricting the power to speak for the party only to its senior most leaders, the Samajwadi Party on Friday authorised party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and its three other top leaders to issue official statements.
Besides, Mulayam Singh Yadav, the other three leaders are party national spokesman Ram Gopal Yadav, state president Akhilesh Yadav and state spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, a party statement said.
"It has been seen that those who are not even members of the SP are participating in debates in electronic media channels on behalf of the party. Their views can be personal, but not of the party," Ram Gopal Yadav said in the statement.
Meanwhile, the party today cancelled its three-day brain storming session which was scheduled to begin from tomorrow due to some "unavoidable reasons".
"Party state president Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled the meeting due to unavoidable reasons," state spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The party had called a meeting of state executive on July 28, followed by meeting of district presidents on July 29 and district presidents of youth outfits on July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Multiple blasts hit two Syrian coastal cities, over 100 killed so far
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!