Samajwadi Party leader Mohan Singh no more
Mohan Singh, who was recently removed from the post of party national spokesman over differences with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, passed away at AIIMS on Sunday after a prolonged battle with cancer.
Singh, 68, was admitted to AIIMS on September 18, SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary. Singh is survived by his wife Urmila and two daughters.
AIIMS medical superintendent PK Sharma said,"Singh was suffering from blood cancer."
"Two days back his condition became serious and he was shifted to ICU. He died at 4:15 PM today."
His body will be taken to Lucknow tomorrow and put in party office at Vikramaditya Marg, SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said.
Later, the body will be taken to Gorakhpur and then to his ancestral village Jainagar in Deoria for the last rites.
"After the demise of Janeshwar Mishra and Brij Bhushan Tiwari, the demise of Mohan Singh is a setback for the socialist movement. He was a man of principles and his death has left a void in the Samajwadi Party," Ram Gopal said.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, UP Assembly Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan and several party leaders have condoled his death.
On January 6, 2012 Singh was removed from the post of SP national spokesman after he disagreed with Akhilesh Yadav`s decision to keep controversial leader DP Yadav out of the Samajwadi Party, who accused party leadership of dictatorship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail