Samajwadi Party MLA accused of beating up man
Badaun: Ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza has been accused of beating up and threatening a person asking him to register a property in the name of the former`s supporter, police said on Thursday.
According to the complaint, one Mahesh Prakash was allegedly called by the MLA at his office, where he asked him to register his land in his name.
On being refused, the MLA`s aide--Manoj Gupta, Rajendra Mathuria and Rizawn beat Prakash badly, he alleged.
The victim yesterday met the Superintendent of Police, Ratan Kumar Srivastava, who ordered an inquiry into the matter by SP, City and said that those found guilty would be booked.
The MLA supporters, however, termed the complaint as an attempt to malign his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'