Samajwadi Party MLA accused of beating up man
Badaun: Ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza has been accused of beating up and threatening a person asking him to register a property in the name of the former`s supporter, police said on Thursday.
According to the complaint, one Mahesh Prakash was allegedly called by the MLA at his office, where he asked him to register his land in his name.
On being refused, the MLA`s aide--Manoj Gupta, Rajendra Mathuria and Rizawn beat Prakash badly, he alleged.
The victim yesterday met the Superintendent of Police, Ratan Kumar Srivastava, who ordered an inquiry into the matter by SP, City and said that those found guilty would be booked.
The MLA supporters, however, termed the complaint as an attempt to malign his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon