Samajwadi Party MLA accused of beating up man
Badaun: Ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza has been accused of beating up and threatening a person asking him to register a property in the name of the former`s supporter, police said on Thursday.
According to the complaint, one Mahesh Prakash was allegedly called by the MLA at his office, where he asked him to register his land in his name.
On being refused, the MLA`s aide--Manoj Gupta, Rajendra Mathuria and Rizawn beat Prakash badly, he alleged.
The victim yesterday met the Superintendent of Police, Ratan Kumar Srivastava, who ordered an inquiry into the matter by SP, City and said that those found guilty would be booked.
The MLA supporters, however, termed the complaint as an attempt to malign his image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail