Samajwadi Party MLA passes away
Fatehpur: Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar Assembly seat Syed Kasim Hasan passed away following a cardiac arrest.
Kasim, 74, suffered pain in the chest last evening after which he was rushed to a district hospital. He was then referred to a heart institute in Kanpur where he died, his family said.
Kasim was a four-time MLA and his wife is the chairman of the Jahanabad Nagar Panchayat.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has expressed grief over the demise of the MLA.
In his condolence message Yadav said, Kasim was a real socialist, who was sensitive towards the problems of the people and helped the weaker sections of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use