Samajwadi Party MP, seven others granted bail by HC
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra
Kumar and seven others were Friday granted bail by Lucknow
bench of the Allahabad High Court in connection with an
attempt to murder case.
Justice SK Tripathi granted bail to Shailedra and
seven others, who were arrested in Pratapgarh on December 18
on a complaint filed by local BSP leader Manoj Shukla.
Of the 11 arrested in the case, only independent MLA
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya is still in jail as
his bail application was rejected by a local court in
The state government slapped Gangster Act against Raja
Bhaiyya and a charge sheet was filed against them in teh
Pratapgarh court on January 27.
On February 4, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and MLC Akshay
Prata Singh alias Gopalji were granted bail by the High Court
in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three Florida men charged with attempting to support Islamic State
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself