Samajwadi Party MP, seven others granted bail by HC
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra
Kumar and seven others were Friday granted bail by Lucknow
bench of the Allahabad High Court in connection with an
attempt to murder case.
Justice SK Tripathi granted bail to Shailedra and
seven others, who were arrested in Pratapgarh on December 18
on a complaint filed by local BSP leader Manoj Shukla.
Of the 11 arrested in the case, only independent MLA
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya is still in jail as
his bail application was rejected by a local court in
The state government slapped Gangster Act against Raja
Bhaiyya and a charge sheet was filed against them in teh
Pratapgarh court on January 27.
On February 4, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and MLC Akshay
Prata Singh alias Gopalji were granted bail by the High Court
in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player