Samajwadi Party MP, seven others granted bail by HC
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra
Kumar and seven others were Friday granted bail by Lucknow
bench of the Allahabad High Court in connection with an
attempt to murder case.
Justice SK Tripathi granted bail to Shailedra and
seven others, who were arrested in Pratapgarh on December 18
on a complaint filed by local BSP leader Manoj Shukla.
Of the 11 arrested in the case, only independent MLA
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya is still in jail as
his bail application was rejected by a local court in
The state government slapped Gangster Act against Raja
Bhaiyya and a charge sheet was filed against them in teh
Pratapgarh court on January 27.
On February 4, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and MLC Akshay
Prata Singh alias Gopalji were granted bail by the High Court
in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India