Samajwadi Party MP, seven others granted bail by HC
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra
Kumar and seven others were Friday granted bail by Lucknow
bench of the Allahabad High Court in connection with an
attempt to murder case.
Justice SK Tripathi granted bail to Shailedra and
seven others, who were arrested in Pratapgarh on December 18
on a complaint filed by local BSP leader Manoj Shukla.
Of the 11 arrested in the case, only independent MLA
Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya is still in jail as
his bail application was rejected by a local court in
The state government slapped Gangster Act against Raja
Bhaiyya and a charge sheet was filed against them in teh
Pratapgarh court on January 27.
On February 4, SP MLA Vinod Saroj and MLC Akshay
Prata Singh alias Gopalji were granted bail by the High Court
in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert