Samajwadi Party MP surrenders before court
Chandauli: Samajwadi Party MP from Chandauli, Ram Kishun Yadav on Saturday surrendered before a local court here in connection with a six-year-old case of violation of model code of conduct.
Yadav surrendered before the Chief Judicial Magistrate court, which granted him bail.
The case pertains to violation of model code of conduct during the 2007 elections in UP. Yadav, who was contesting from Mughalsarai assembly seat had allegedly took out a procession in violation to the norms.
The court had issued non-bailable warrant against Yadav on July 3, his counsel Anil Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH