Samajwadi Party MP surrenders before court
Chandauli: Samajwadi Party MP from Chandauli, Ram Kishun Yadav on Saturday surrendered before a local court here in connection with a six-year-old case of violation of model code of conduct.
Yadav surrendered before the Chief Judicial Magistrate court, which granted him bail.
The case pertains to violation of model code of conduct during the 2007 elections in UP. Yadav, who was contesting from Mughalsarai assembly seat had allegedly took out a procession in violation to the norms.
The court had issued non-bailable warrant against Yadav on July 3, his counsel Anil Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez