Samajwadi Party supports bandh on FDI issue
New Delhi: Expressing solidarity with
retailers observing a countrywide bandh in protest against FDI
in retail, Samajwadi Party on Thursday said Parliament should not
function on a day like this.
"It is not proper that the entire country is observing
the bandh against the FDI decision and Parliament functions
today. We are supporting the bandh as all retail traders have
supported the bandh and closed down their shops," SP
spokesperson Mohan Singh told reporters outside Parliament
Parliament was adjourned for the eighth consecutive day
after witnessing noisy scenes over the FDI and other issues.
Asked whether his party will vote in favour of BJP`s
adjournment motion on FDI, Singh said, "Now the country is
observing the bandh, Parliament is also adjourned. When the
time for voting comes, we will decide."
However, the SP supremo hastened to add, "If the BJP
decided to come along with the Left on the FDI issue then we
will not drive them away."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II