Samajwadi Party wins Bhatparrani by-election
Deoria (UP): Samajwadi Party candidate Ashutosh Upadhyaya on Thursday won the by-poll for Bhatparrani Assembly seat, defeating his nearest rival, an independent candidate, by 34,102 votes.
Upadhyaya alias Babloo, son of former Uttar Pradesh minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya, got 73,100 votes, while the independent candidate, Sabha Kunwar, was polled 38,998 votes.
According to returning officer and District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh, Upadhyaya defeated Kunwar by a margin of 34,102 votes.
BSP candidate Bindra Kushwaha was on the third place with 24,711 votes.
The by-election was necessitated after the death of former state sports minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi