Samajwadi Party wins Bhatparrani by-election
Deoria (UP): Samajwadi Party candidate Ashutosh Upadhyaya on Thursday won the by-poll for Bhatparrani Assembly seat, defeating his nearest rival, an independent candidate, by 34,102 votes.
Upadhyaya alias Babloo, son of former Uttar Pradesh minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya, got 73,100 votes, while the independent candidate, Sabha Kunwar, was polled 38,998 votes.
According to returning officer and District Magistrate Kumar Ravikant Singh, Upadhyaya defeated Kunwar by a margin of 34,102 votes.
BSP candidate Bindra Kushwaha was on the third place with 24,711 votes.
The by-election was necessitated after the death of former state sports minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH