`Samajwadi Party won`t back Congress’ wrong deeds`
Kolkata: Clarifying Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement that they are "in the opposition", party leader Ram Gopal Yadav on Tuesday night said they would support the Congress but not its wrong deeds.
"We will support the positive things of the Congress. But we are opposing Congress at the same time because we won`t support the wrong deeds of the Congress. If they go in the right direction, we will support it," Yadav told reporters here.
Earlier in the day, Mulayam had said SP, a key outside supporter of the UPA government, is in the "opposition" and will fulfil its role in that capacity.
Yadav also attacked Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal who had said no coal block had been cleared during his tenure.
"Somebody had already given the clearance. The minister concerned who has accepted it, and has signed it, is responsible for this thing. The minister who has accepted it is responsible for it," he told reporters here.
On whether they would want to take Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee along with them if they form any `third front`, he said, "It`s hypothetical question. We will take the right decision at the right time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days