`Samajwadi Party won`t back Congress’ wrong deeds`
Kolkata: Clarifying Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s statement that they are "in the opposition", party leader Ram Gopal Yadav on Tuesday night said they would support the Congress but not its wrong deeds.
"We will support the positive things of the Congress. But we are opposing Congress at the same time because we won`t support the wrong deeds of the Congress. If they go in the right direction, we will support it," Yadav told reporters here.
Earlier in the day, Mulayam had said SP, a key outside supporter of the UPA government, is in the "opposition" and will fulfil its role in that capacity.
Yadav also attacked Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal who had said no coal block had been cleared during his tenure.
"Somebody had already given the clearance. The minister concerned who has accepted it, and has signed it, is responsible for this thing. The minister who has accepted it is responsible for it," he told reporters here.
On whether they would want to take Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee along with them if they form any `third front`, he said, "It`s hypothetical question. We will take the right decision at the right time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan