Samajwadi Party`s conspiracy to take over Muslims` land: AMU leaders
Aligarh: Muslims in Uttar Pradesh have lost confidence in the Akhilesh Yadav government and it appears the Samajwadi Party was conspiring to take over lands of Muslims displaced in the Muzaffarnagar riots, Aligarh Muslim University leaders said Friday.
Millat Bedari Muhim Committee (MBMC) secretary Jasim Mohammad said more than 40 children died in relief camps due to the failure of the government and this forced the Supreme Court to take up the matter suo motu.
He said the government was forcing the displaced Muslims to submit affidavits for not returning to their homes.
Jasim Mohammad said this was a conspiracy of the Samajwadi Party to take possession of their homes and lands.
AMU executive council member Mohammad Shahid said the government has violated all established norms of the International Human Rights Convention and was engaged in a cover-up operation.
AMU court member Humaun Murad said the affidavit scheme of compensation should be withdrawn immediately and the displaced Muslims must be given possession for their homes and land with guaranteed security.
The meeting passed a resolution condemning the state government for its failure in containing the riots and deliverance of justice.
In another resolution, the MBMC demanded that all displaced Muslims be provided security and possession of their lands and houses. The MBMC also demanded adequate compensation for the children who died in relief comps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation